Social Prescribing Service
Need some support? Not sure where to go?
When daily life gets in the way of improving your health, we can help you tackle your problems and feel better.
How can a Social Prescribing
Link Worker help me?
How might my health improve?
We can link you up with services in the community that can provide you with:
· Support to make positive changes in your life
· Someone to talk to about how you are feeling
· Help with housing, benefits and financial problems
· Advice on jobs, training, and education
· Exercise, and sports
· Arts, music, outdoors and creative activities and classes
Some of the health benefits can include:
· Lower stress and anxiety
· Reduced isolation or loneliness
· More motivation and energy
· Improved mood
· More confidence
· Reduced pain
· Fewer symptoms
· A more active mind
If you think the service may help you or someone you care for, or to find out more please contact your Social Prescribing Link Worker by telephone or e-mail or ask your GP Practice Receptionist. We also accept referrals from your GP, other members of your Practice team, community and district nursing teams and hospital discharge teams.
Appointments are available at the surgery. Please telephone the surgery on 01280 702436 and ask one of our receptionists to book you an appointment.
Your Social Prescribing Link Worker is: Tessa Matthews
Tel: 07307 357852
Social Prescribing Patient Leaflet